Under general supervision of the Facilities Coordinator the incumbent is responsible for maintaining a clean and working environment inside the school and on the grounds of the school.
This position is classified as non-exempt and in accordance with the Federal regulations is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of forty (40) hours per week.
Note: Overtime must be pre-approved and time off from work either paid or unpaid is not considered in determining hours worked in a week.
Other Performance Measures
Successful performance on the job requires following safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to self, students or participants, as well as dress code, proper attendance and leave policies, and compliance with other policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving is also important to the success of the incumbent.
Examples of Essential Functions
- Assist in the proper use and maintenance of equipment, materials, and supplies and other routine.
- In conjunction with supervisor, make daily inspections to ensure that prescribed standards are maintained with respect to school buildings, equipment, property, and grounds.
- Requisitions parts, equipment, materials, and supplies as needed.
- Assists with preventive maintenance, adjustments, and minor repairs as assigned.
- As needed, may participate in the transport and emptying of large trash containers into outdoor units.
- Participates in moving/transporting furniture, equipment, boxed textbooks, and other supplies, weighing up to 45 lbs., manually or with mechanical assistance.
- As assigned, supervise and participate in the snow removal program;
- Assist in the regular inspections of buildings, grounds and equipment to determine if janitorial, maintenance and security services are adequate or if repair work is needed.
- Participate in the grounds keeping and other maintenance activities.
- Respond to maintenance requests and routine emergencies; make basic repairs as assigned.
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adapts to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Adapts to making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Adapts to dealing with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
Most tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma with some prior knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in the janitorial maintenance of large buildings and grounds. Prior experience working with children or adults with intellectual disabilities is a plus.
Hours of Work
7:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Monday thru Friday
Email us at: email@example.com